The National Association of Senior Move Managers states, “Senior Move Managers differ from a moving company because:
- Senior Move Managers provide a multifaceted approach to the move process from space planning in the beginning to post move support and advocacy.
- Senior Move Managers minimize the chaos and stress associated with moving by addressing all aspects of the move process. They are responsible for creating and executing a seamless action plan, customized to the client's wishes.
- Actually, some but not all Senior Move Managers are also movers. Those providers that are not movers will work closely with a reputable local moving company to complete that aspect of the job.
- With the gentle and expert guidance of an experienced Senior Move Manager, older adults and families make the key decisions without the emotional and physical distress that can follow. As a result, they avoid the costly mistakes and remorse that often accompany such major lifestyle transitions.
- Senior Move Managers do so much more than simply sort, settle and move boxes; with loads of energy, enthusiasm and experience, Senior Move Managers take the worry (and work!) out of the move process. The client's job is to simply enjoy his or her new living arrangement.”
Source: National Association of Senior Move Managers Website (https://www.nasmm.org/faqs/index.cfm)
CVMM specializes in walking you through the complicated process of moving from a larger space with lots of storage to a smaller space with less storage opportunities.
We will work with you to put together a customized floor plan using a magnetic board that lets you visualize where your furniture will go. This also helps you decide what furniture to keep and what to dispose of. CVMM will then guide you through the process of deciding what everyday items like clothing, kitchenware, trinkets, artwork, etc. to take with you and what you will give away or try to sell. If you have a house full of furniture and goods at the end of the sorting process, we will help you get it to the right place. If you are in need of a reputable estate salesperson, we will make that happen. If you want to save items for family members, we will label them and help you arrange times for family to pick them up. We will even arrange for the shipment of items if necessary. We are always happy to drop items at donation drop off centers as well. You will receive an itemized log of where your items went, so there’s no confusion for family members at a later date.
The next step is the packing and unpacking process. A mover will pack you, but they will grab any item and stuff it in any box that is available. We will pack you intentionally. We will take pictures of your cupboards, desktops, bureaus, etc. packing your items with the utmost care in order to unpack your items, so you have a sense of home and comfort in your new space. We want you to be able to seamlessly go about your life without the hassle and time constraints of figuring out where your items go. That’s our job. Our goal is to have you arrive in your new home feeling like you’ve always been there.
Senior Move Managers pride themselves on the care and customer service we provide. We make you and your wishes the focus of the process. We treat your items like we would our own. We advocate and protect your interests like we would our family member’s.
If you, your parents, or loved ones would benefit from this service, please call us for a free consultation (802) 391-9001!